- Chartered Mechanical Engineer.,
- Fellow of the Institution of Mechanical Engineers, London, England.,
- Fellow of the Institution of Engineers (Sri Lanka).,
- Member of the Institution of Production Engineers, London, England.
- I have served a Five year Indentured Engineering Apprenticeship with the then De Havilland Aircraft Co. Ltd. Hatfield, Hertfordshire, England
My experience spans years of Engineering Management in diverse fields, such as Irrigation, Heating, Ventilation and Air Conditioning, Water Works, Manufacturing and Engineering Project Management in Sri Lanka, England and Nigeria. In these fields, I have gained experience in design, specifications, calling and assessing tenders, awarding contracts for major mechanical engineering projects, implementation and supervision of projects, management of workshops and production facilities, repair and maintenance of construction and earth moving equipment, agricultural tractors, vehicles and setting up of mechanical repair workshops. In most of these positions I was responsible for management of professional staff as well as a large labour force. My duties also included Coordination of finance, internal auditing and general administration. I have successfully restructured two large Corporations owned by the Government of Sri Lanka and a Private Engineering Co. (Branch of a British Co.) in Sri Lanka was closed down as in my opinion it could not be turned around.
I have successfully restructured two large Corporations owned by the Government of Sri Lanka and a Private Engineering Company (Branch of a British Company) in Sri Lanka was closed down as in my opinion it could not be turned around. See Accomplishments for details.